Sunday, May 7, 2017

The Eldila Are Back

by Jim Rapp

With no sun-facing windows
I've been bereft
of eldilas – rainbow shadows –
splashing right and left.

But my new third-floor abode
catches sunbeams
in my tear-shaped crystal globe
emitting a stream

of dancing reminders that
I'm not alone;
that my room is in fact
an eldil zone.

Goodness is all around
all the time;
it often makes no sound
rings no chime,

but God hangs his prisms
so that they
reveal His omnipresence
in a way

a seeking heart can know;
by splitting light
into a dozen rainbows
His crystallites

remind us, day by day,
from start to end,
When one or two have come to pray,
His love attends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as possible after posting. Follow these steps:
1. Write your comment
2. Select a profile
(Anonymous or Name works best)
3. Select Preview
4. Sign word verification
5. Select Post Comment