Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Unwelcomed Stranger

by Jim Rapp

Then he will say . . . get away
from me . . . I was a stranger
and you didn't welcome me.
(Matt. 25:41 . . . 43)

Get away from me!

His words –
sending the
intolerants to
forever wander
away from his
presence –
echo the
intolerants'
rejection
of the stranger
seeking
home.

I was a stranger

He came
to his own –
his own
creation;
his own
people –
and they
"knew him not."

You didn't welcome me

Coming,
incognito,
to their
"Christian"
shores,
they failed
to recognize
the face
he wore.


Seeing what they
believed inferior;
judging

the homeless and hungry,
the thirsty, tattered and sick,
the unfairly imprisoned,
to be dangerous drifters

they turned away
the creator and
judge of their souls.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as possible after posting. Follow these steps:
1. Write your comment
2. Select a profile
(Anonymous or Name works best)
3. Select Preview
4. Sign word verification
5. Select Post Comment