Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Only When You're Asked

by Jim Rapp

I meant no harm,
I'd simply said,
"Have a good day."
But from another room
I heard instead
an angry someone say,

"Who the blankity blank
gives you the right to say
what kind of day we'll have?"
I admit, I'd been out-flanked;
it was not mine, their day
to judge, to order or to fave.

Only the perfect have a right
to tell another what they must
or mustn't do, should or shouldn't be.
The rest of us imperfects might –
when ask – make brave to thrust
a judgment forth, but very gingerly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as possible after posting. Follow these steps:
1. Write your comment
2. Select a profile
(Anonymous or Name works best)
3. Select Preview
4. Sign word verification
5. Select Post Comment