Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Fool’s Tools

by Jim Rapp

What if I am
            being taken advantage of,
            being used,
            being made a fool,
            being made a tool?

What if I am
            enabling sinners,
            enabling sloth?

What if I am
            betrayed by those I trust?

What if I am
            betraying those who trust in me?

What if I am
            the only one standing?

What if
            the whole world thinks me wrong?

What if
            they are wrong and I am right;
            they are right and I am wrong?

What if
            there is no “right” or “wrong”?

What if “what ifs” are fool’s tools?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as possible after posting. Follow these steps:
1. Write your comment
2. Select a profile
(Anonymous or Name works best)
3. Select Preview
4. Sign word verification
5. Select Post Comment