Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shanty-time: The Invitation

by Jim Rapp
 
I do love the early morning;
It is such a quiet time.
And on mornings like this,
when I awake with a clear mind,
I draw all hearts to mine
and look forward to the coming day.

I've got a pot of "warm" simmering;
steaming on the cook stove’s rear plate,
and I've just called across the holler
to let all know my Shanty’s open;
you are welcome – come and sit a spell,
sipping “warm” and sharing food for thought.

Sure hope you have some time to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as possible after posting. Follow these steps:
1. Write your comment
2. Select a profile
(Anonymous or Name works best)
3. Select Preview
4. Sign word verification
5. Select Post Comment