Monday, October 8, 2012


The Shape-shifter Plays "Who Wants to Be a President?"
by Jim Rapp

As I watch, the chameleon changes its color;
the shape-shifting Republicat – no longer a Tea Party ballarag –
declares deception by misdirection, a particular valor;
lies become truths, and “shifting” a reason to brag.

I blink, and I blink, as the Etch-a-Sketch changes;
a new man is made; the old, lost in this recent revision,
becoming a “shade” that the art of the “shifter” arranges.
I watch, and I wonder, “Is that your final decision?”
______________________
ballarag: v. to bully. By poetic license a noun meaning,
a bully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Comments are moderated and will appear as soon as possible after posting. Follow these steps:
1. Write your comment
2. Select a profile
(Anonymous or Name works best)
3. Select Preview
4. Sign word verification
5. Select Post Comment